CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Fall

Fall

As I have expressed many times, I love fall. The sights, smells and sounds of this season are my very favorites. At the first sight of an orange leaf or an orange jersey, my heart
gets beating just a little bit faster. Makes my smile just a little bit bigger and my step , with just a little more pep. The Earth itself seems to solidify after months of melting heat to give off a rich smell. One that reminds you that Earth itself, is a living, breathing thing. The air seems more vibrant, cleaner, crisper , like the apples that have been waiting patiently for their day . Oh and what a day it is when you smell that first pie, the memories that it invokes . Days of warmth and of safety. Days of family and friends. Gratitude and full bellies. Contentment so deep down and wide spread, it's only comparison is butter. ;)

On days like this I like to hear the sounds of the season especially. I love the smell and taste of the candy apple but mostly, I love the sound it makes when I eat it. I enjoy the sights of the changing of the leaves but I like the sound of them being raked and jumped into better. The crush and crunch of these things help define the sounds of the season as well as those of a helmet and body pads. Football, in all it's glory, revitalize a slumberous fan out of their summer blues and creates an energy that enhances an already wonderous time of year.

May you enjoy it with all your senses.


0 comments: