CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Big E

When I wrote this poem , I went back to the time when we first met . It was a difficult time for us as people who were in the middle of evolving, especially since the 'spark' was more like a bolt of lightening. We both had just gotten out of long relationships and were in the process of trying to figure out who we were as individuals as well define just what it was we wanted out of our next relationship . My husband personally had a lot on his plate to work out , I didn't know to what extent at first and once I did see it, I knew that what he needed from me, more than anything, was for me to be selfless when it came to our relationship. In doing that, the bond we forged with one another became indestructible. Best friends is not enough, soul mates is so cliche' but that's what it comes down to. What I tried to convey in this writing is the depth of that friendship, that understanding , because for me, that is the essence of love. It is it's fundamental building block , like the DNA that makes up our genetic structure. Not to say that that is enough because it's not, but ultimately, if there should be times of trial, it will always be the first place to go. When you understand this as well , you feel yourself slipping more and more into , what I call true love. To truly love someone you must be willing to adapt to the changes the individual makes for themselves, good or bad and be willing to grow with them indefinitely and unconditionally. So... without further adieu....

0 comments: